ABOUT ECO SASH & CASE
Eco-Friendly Alternative Sash Window Service
Eco Sash & Case is a family run business. We have many years’ experience working with sash and case windows, with our focus now on providing an eco-friendly alternative to the usual window restoration companies. We are proud to be one of the first companies in Scotland to offer a more affordable, sustainable and eco-friendly window repair/installation service. Our aim is to lead by example, how window restoration/replacement companies can/should be more environmentally responsible & conscious in their practices and materials used in restoring/replacing old sash windows.
What Makes Eco Sash & Case Different From Other Service?
We are no different from any other sash window services, we carry out the same services as any other company. What makes us very different is the materials from paints, fillers we choose to use in restoring old sash windows, the wood we choose to replace rotted timber, the draught proofing we use, the energy efficient double & secondary glazing we use, and the way we carry out our work. Our services are designed to restore your windows to last many years maintenance free, make them energy efficient that will have little impact on the environment restoring them.
From Our First Home Visit To Asses Your Windows To Your Estimate:
- We will make an honest opinion as to the work & materials required to restore your windows.
- We will not tell you that you have to replace any parts of your windows, from full sash case windows, sash windows, parting beads, sills & baton rods, unless they are rotted or beyond any repair.
- We will make a comprehensive and thorough check for rot wood on your windows. Not all windows are in the same condition so we inspect all your sash windows to determine the condition.
- We will guarantee no unseen extra charges in your estimate for rot wood repairs during our works.
The Environmental And Financial Benefits To You For Using Our Services
- Using our services reduces your carbon foot print
- We make an honest assessment of the work required to restore your windows. This will keep your window repair bills to a minimum
- We will use enviro-friendly paints, timber & materials that will not pollute the environment
- We will responsibly recycle or try re-use any waste generated during our works
- To offset our carbon foot print restoring your windows we will plant a tree
Our paints are enviro-friendly. Wood glues and fillers are eco-friendly and VOC-free. Sash ropes are made from 100% natural organic cotton & 100% plastic free.
Environmental benefit of repairing/renovation over replacement is the saving in raw materials, as well as the energy used in extracting and processing them.
Lower Carbon Footprint
We preserve your original sash wood where possible means less production energy and a lower carbon footprint.
Energy Saving Windows
Means less heat lost through your sash windows means lower heating bills for you. On average our customers save around 25% on their heating bills.
The benefit of renovation/repairing sash windows over replacement is the saving in raw materials, as well as the energy used in extracting and processing them. In general terms, renovation:
- uses 1/40th of the energy of replacement.
- minimises the use of finite resources.
- almost eliminates the amount of materials sent to landfill.
- retains the invested energy or carbon store.
We have a choice of three exterior rated paints that we use for our window renovations. These paints are low VOC or zero VOC. They will not pollute the environment and are better for your health and your family’s health. They have excellent weather durability properties that protect the wood and provides longer-lasting weather protection for up to eight years for exterior sash windows. About Paints
Enviro-friendly timber, sash rope, and wood glues
The timber we use to repair or replace sash windows is from sustainably managed forests. We source from responsible timber merchants who are certified FSC or PEFC stockists. We also use the finest qaulity recycled timber sourced from sash windows we have replaced for our repairs.
We have a choice of sash ropes from standard to 100% natural organic cotton sash ropes that are 100% plastic free. Both are based on traditional spiral braid construction that gives them extra strength and durability which will ensure a long life.
How we offset our carbon footprint restoring your windows
Trees For Life
Every job we complete we now plant a tree with Trees for Life. Trees for Life is an award-winning Scottish charity working to restore Scotland’s Caledonian Forest. Their vision is to restore natural forests and rare wildlife to a spectacular wilderness region of the Scottish Highlands. Eco Sash & Case – Trees For Life
How much does planting a tree offset our carbon footprint restoring your windows?
A tree can absorb as much as 48 pounds of carbon dioxide per year and can sequester 1 ton of carbon dioxide by the time it reaches 40 years old. That’s about 22 kg / yr or 455 kg / lifetime for the Imperial-challenged. Find out why businesess should offset their carbon foot print: More
Responsible waste recycling
As a service, we recycle all waste generated during our work process, wherever possible. Including glass, wood and unwanted ironmongery. During our renovation work, we have black bags for non-recyclable waste and green bags for recyclable waste.